Friday, January 20, 2006

Rain...

What to you is rain?
to people it is water
but to me it is a song, it is a pain
for when those drops fall on the ground
memories come running to me, memories that hound

When I was small, memories were not a pain
they were like a fresh flower,
a paper without a stain
I jumped in the puddles
I washed my face with rain
I gleed as I watched
my paper boat sail down in the water lane

Youth brought romance with the rain
as I waited for that letter
sitting by the window pane
the smell of wet mud is fresh in my mind
the memories of it haunt me
im not able to leave it behind

That simple life, that mother's lap
even if I pawn myself will I be able to get it back?
go away memories, go away beautiful rain
don't remind me of the happiness
that makes me realize my pain...